The information and opinions expressed on this website are not intended to be a comprehensive or final description of the topic at issue, nor to provide any legal or technical advice, and should not be treated as a substitute for specific advice or training in connection with our solutions. While we intend to ensure that the information on this website is accurate, AVA Biochem AG does not provide any representations or warranties as regard its correctness, completeness, suitability or otherwise. AVA Biochem AG shall not be liable or otherwise responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results caused by obtaining information from this website or by using this website. AVA Biochem AG shall only be liable for any respective losses in case of unlawful intent or gross negligence.
Moreover, AVA Biochem AG does not assume any responsibility for any third-party websites or content connected to this website, that are referring to this website through links or otherwise, or that are referred to from this website through links or otherwise. Access to and use of such external websites and content is at the user’s own risk.
The documents and other works available on the website are protected by copyright and all rights remain reserved to the owner of such copyrights. Reproduction of these works requires the written consent of the copyright holder in advance.
All offers on this website are non-binding. AVA Biochem AG expressly reserves the right to change, supplement or delete offers on this website without separate announcement.
AVA Biochem AG, August 21, 2019
With this privacy statement, we, AVA Biochem AG (hereinafter “AVA Biochem”, “we” or “us”), describe how we collect and process personal data. This privacy statement is not necessarily a comprehensive description of our data processing activities. It is possible that other privacy statements are applicable to specific circumstances. The term “personal data” in this privacy statement means any information that identifies or could reasonably be used to identify any person.
If you provide us with personal data of other persons (such as employees), please make sure respective persons are aware of this privacy statement and only provide us with their data if you are allowed to do so and if such personal data is correct.
This privacy statement is in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Collection and processing of personal data in general
We primarily process personal data that we obtain from our customers and other business partners as well as other individuals in the context of our business relationships with them or that we collect from users when operating our websites, apps and other applications.
Insofar as it is permitted to us, we obtain certain personal data from publicly accessible sources (e.g. debt registers, land registries, commercial registers, press, internet) or we may receive such information from our customers and their employees, from authorities, courts, arbitral tribunals or other third parties.
2. Purpose of data processing in general
We primarily use collected data in order to conclude and process contracts with our customers and business partners, in particular when providing distribution and support services to our customers and in the context of the procurement of products and services from our suppliers and subcontractors, as well as in order to comply with our domestic and foreign legal obligations. You may be affected by our data processing in your capacity as an employee of such a customer or business partner.
In addition, in line with applicable laws and where appropriate, we may process your personal data and the personal data of third parties for the following purposes, which are in our (or, as the case may be, any third parties’) legitimate interest, such as:
- creating and developing our solutions, services and websites, apps and platforms;
- communication with third parties and the processing of their requests;
- advertising and marketing (including organizing events), provided that you have not objected to the use of your data for this purpose (if you are part of our customer base and you receive our advertisement, you may object at any time and we will place you on a blacklist against further advertising mailings);
- market and opinion research, media surveillance;
- ensuring our business operations, including our IT, our websites, apps and other appliances;
- surveillance to protect the domiciliary rights and other measures to ensure the safety of our premises and facilities as well as protection of our employees and other individuals and assets owned by or entrusted to us (such as e.g., access controls, visitor logs, network and mail scanners, telephone recordings);
- possible corporate transactions and the transfer of personal data related thereto;
- measures for business management and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
If you gave us your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (for example when registering to arrange for a demo of our solutions), we will process your personal data within the scope of and based on this consent, unless we have another legal basis and as long as we require one. Consent given can be withdrawn at any time, but this does not affect data processed prior to withdrawal.
3. Collection and processing of personal data when using our website
3.1 Visiting our website
When you visit our website our servers temporarily store each access in a log file. The following data is collected and stored, without any action on your part, until it is automatically deleted after twelve months at the latest:
- the IP address of the requesting computer;
- the name of your internet access provider;
- date and time of access;
- name and URL of the data retrieved;
- the website from which our domain was accessed (and the search term used, as the case may be);
- the operating system of your computer and the browser used (type, version and language); and
- the transmission protocol used (e.g. HTTP/1.1).
This data is collected and processed for the purposes of allowing the use of our websites (establishing a connection), ensuring system security and stability in the long term and allowing our internet offering to be optimized, as well as to compose internal statistics. We rely on our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to process the data for these purposes.
The IP address will be evaluated for clarification and defense purposes only in the event of an attack on the website’s network infrastructure or in case of a suspicion of unauthorized or abusive use of the website. It may further be used for identification purposes in criminal proceedings and in the context of civil and criminal proceedings against the user concerned, as necessary and required. We rely on our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to process the data for these purposes.
3.2 Using our contact form (book a live demo)
If you contact us by using the contact form (book a live demo) located on our website, we collect the following information from you:
- Email address*
- Telephone number
- Your request/ message
The fields marked with * are mandatory.
We use this data to respond to your query or provide the services you request. We only use your telephone number in connection with your query but never for marketing purposes.
We rely on our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to process your above data for the mentioned purposes. You can object to this data processing at any time.
3.3 Contacting us by e-mail and job applications
When you send us an e-mail and/or submit your application for a job at AVA Biochem AG., we process the personal data you provide to us for the purpose of examining your query and/or job application.
For this purpose, we wil